Monday 30 May 2011

Christmas Shopping - is it ever too early to start?

I'm one of those people who does most of their shopping in December. Each year I say that next year I will be more organised and start Christmas shopping earlier, ("I'll just get bits and bobs all year round when I see them") but somehow I never seem to manage it!

I think the problem is that I am not wealthy enough to do this - my budget is dictated by necessity week in, week out, so it's hard to justify splashing out on Christmas presents in July when need other things more, like umbrellas!

Plus, you need a spare room or large cupboard to store/hide all these purchases until Christmas arrives!

Maybe I'll try and start my Christmas shopping early this year, I'm sure I would have a less stressful December if I could do that!

5 comments:

  1. I think it's too early. I always start my Christmas shopping in December - late December! My Father shops for Christmas all year long, starting in January. I think it's ludicrous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Stewie your last-minute approach sounds risky to me! Do you end up stressed out with all that last-minute shopping?

    I'm with your father on this one, sounds like I should take a leaf out of his book. Christmas shopping in January takes a lot of motivation though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. January! That means you have to keep presents safely stored and hidden for a full year which is just too difficult in our house. I favour starting my Christmas shopping around the middle of the year sort of June/July. Only six months storage and still have plenty of time to get everything i need, although i can't help but make some last minute panic buys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, Bargain Hunter, as we are now into July, have you started your Christmas shopping for 2011 already?

    It sounds very practical! (I wish I could be as practical as that, but I can't bring myself to think about Christmas shopping just yet - too busy fantasising about beach holidays!)

    Most likely: I will end up doing my usual last-minute Christmas shopping thing in December, running around like a crazy person and spending twice as much as I should!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course :) I have a few Christmas presents hidden away in the loft. Very practical indeed, I always try to leave a bit of money aside for the beach though ;)

    ReplyDelete