Monday 23 May 2011

Christmas Decorations - Traditional Or Modern

Christmas Decorations - what's your style?


Do you prefer traditional or modern Christmas decorations?

I used to favour traditional Christmas trimmings, using themes of red, gold and green, with bows, swags and hand-me-down baubles. Nowadays I have changed my viewpoint and prefer a modern Christmas look for my home, and I've relegated all my old decorations to the attic (well you never know, I might change my mind again and decide I want red and gold and ribbons!)

Traditional Christmas Decorations.
Christmas baubleFor me, traditional Christmas decorations are a safe option - guaranteed to make your home feel comfortable, festive and welcoming. Real Christmas trees draped with fairy lights, gold tinsel and rich red ribbons tied in bows. Glass baubles in red, gold and green, and hand-me-down tree ornaments passed down through the generations.
The benefit of using a traditional Christmas decor scheme is that it's easy to mix and match, and easy to update the look with just a couple of new items each year. You might choose to rotate some items, keeping some aside for next year, choosing different combinations of tinsel and baubles each time. Home made and antique decorations and ornaments blend seamlessly with a traditional Christmas decoration scheme. To compliment the tree, drape swags and wreaths around shelves, mantles and door frames to co-ordinate the traditional look.

Modern Christmas Decorations.
If your home is decorated in a modern style, or perhaps you're just bored of red and gold, there's a whole world of modern Christmas trimmings out there. Every colour you can imagine - black Christmas trees are a popular choice these days. Christmas lights are far more exotic and spectacular than a few years ago - chasing lights, fibre-optic lights and even solar Christmas lights can be found on the high street. Plus, all kinds of beautiful modern tree ornaments and baubles, wall hangings, window decorations and free standing Christmas trimmings.
Why not try black, silver and purple? Or blue and white shimmering baubles for a frosty look? Whatever colours you love, you can find Christmas trees and baubles to match.

Don't get stuck in a rut this year - try something new with your Christmas decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment